Space Camp at Western will run for 8 weeks in 2017, during the months of July and August.
This year we will be offering summer camps with two distinct themes. This will allow you to register your child for two consecutive weeks. The detailed schedule for each theme will be announced in June 2017.
Theme 1: Journey to Mars
- During this week, campers will be preparing for a mission to Mars through various activities such as mapping possible landing sites, designing mission, and building rover using Lego Mindstorms to traverse the Martian Landforms.
Theme 2: Journey through the Universe
- In this week, the campers will learn about the celestial bodies, big and small, in our Solar System as well as in the Universe! Activities may include building your own Solar System, creating a cosmic calendar and a visit to the Cronyn Observatory to test their own star finding tools.
- $250.00 for 5 day weeks (Week 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 & 8)
- $200.00 for 4 day week (Week 6)
Schedule & Registration for 2017
In order to register, you must create an account. Creation of an account can be found under Parents Area, Create Account. You will then be able to register under Parents Area, Register Child.
Registration is now open. To begin your registration, please click here to create an account. If you have already created an account, please login and visit the Register Child page under Parents Area.
Choose from one of the two following options based on the grade your child will complete in June 2017.
Group A: Age 9-11 (Completed Grade 3/4/5)
*Please Note: Week 6 is a 4-day week due to Civic Holiday. As this is a shorter Week, the price for the camp is reduced.
Group B: Age 12-14 (Completed Grades 6/7)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All cancellation and refund requests must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com two weeks prior to the camp’s start date. No refunds will be issued if the request is made less than two weeks of the start date of the camp.
- A 15% non-refundable administration fee is applied to any and all cancellations.
- There are no refunds issued for the days during which your child is not present during the registered days.
- If you choose to modify the attendance details, including the week or the age group, the request must be submitted in writing two weeks prior to the camp’s start date. In this instance, a $15.00 change fee will be administered to your account.
- In all circumstances, a full refund will be issued for withdrawals due to medical reasons, with appropriate medical documentation provided.
- No refunds will be made in the event of university closure.